Salman Khan - a name that Bollywood will remember forever. You may love him or hate him, but you canât ignore him. He is a superstar on all fronts, and his fans adore him. Despite all the flops he had, all the controversies he went through, he is still amongst the top actors in Bollywood. I can honestly say that HE is definitely Indiaâs Most Powerful Star.
Having turned 42 on November 27th, this writer presents you: â27 Reasons Why He Likes Salman Khan More Than Any Other Stars in Bollywoodâ.
1) Launching the careers of many stars
He has helped many stars to achieve what they are today. Himesh Reshammiya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Sajid-Wajid were brought into the industry thanks to Salman Khanâs help. Even Hrithik Roshan went through training through our Sallu.
2) Helped Govinda at the time of crisis
Govinda was practically forgotten in our industry, and was written off by the critics and media. However, our Sallu came and saved the day by giving him a hero lead in âPartnerâ. Although he had a role in âBhagam Bhagâ, Govinda was wasted in the film, and with âSalaam-E-Ishqâ, he got appreciated for his role, but this time it flopped at the Box-Office. However, with the big success of âPartnerâ, Govinda got both a huge HIT and also the critics/audience appreciation. Now, Govinda is back in the running. It has also been written that Salman Khan gave Govinda a Mercedez-Benz car when Govinda refused fees from him.
3) His foundation âBe Humanâ
He is the probably one of the only star to start his own foundation for the kids and the poor. And look what he did - he knows that kids with some sickness or illness wonât go to watch a movie. Prior to the release of âPartnerâ, he had a special screening for the kids! Plus, every kid walked out with a special gift in their hands after the event! Wow, our Salman is truly great!
4) Always helping the needy
This man will always have a golden heart, despite the bad times he has been through. He gives bicycles to the kids, always gives money to the needy and even blankets to people who sleeps on the street at night. He always helps a certain foundation or an association, and the best part about it is that he does it privately and doesnât involve the media into it. He is probably one of the few Bollywood actors today who does help a lot.
5) Stars turn to Salman Khan for help
This is another topic that makes Salman Khan a winner. Many celebrities have turn to him for help, e.g. when Sushmita Sen adopted daughter fell ill, no one was there to help her, and then she called Salman Khan. And within a couple of minutes, he showed up at her doorstep. When Dia Mirza mom fell ill, it was our Sallu who made the rescue. Saawan Kumar Tak came to Salman Khan â who thought he needed money. However, Saawan Kumar asked him to play a part in âSaawanâ, which Salman Khan did for FREE. When no one was willing to play supporting role to âKuch Kuch Hota Haiâ, it was Salman Khan who ended up doing it for Karan Johar. These are many examples why this man rocks!
6) Despite controversy, he still remains a top star at the BO!
I consider Salman Khan the most powerful star at the Box-Office because of this topic. Despite all the bad stuff he has done, he still remains a top star at the Box-Office - if thatâs not power, then what is it then? Take for example, âMaine Pyar Kyun Kiyaâ release at the Box-Office. Two days before its release, the tape controversy happened in India. And Salman Khan was accused, as they assumed it was his voice on the tape. Shows were cancelled, however, âMaine Pyar Kyun Kiyaâ was recording 90%+ opening at the Box-Office. On top of that, Salman Khan was the only bankable star in the film. The movie according to the trade, was a Semi-Hit. Had that controversy didnât happen, it wouldâve done Hit business. That clearly shows you that our Sallu is probably the most powerful star at the Box-Office. Even today, despite flops, he can still surprise everyone with a âPartnerâ.
7) Despite what he goes through, his fans are still with him till the end
Now, you tell me, only few actors are blessed with this. Look at what Salman Khan has been through in life and all the bad stuff he has done â yet his fans are there for him through thick and thin. When he was in jail, people prayed for him, fasted for him, gave food to him in jail, they also tried to visit him in jail! This man is a rockstar in India. And the day he was released, there was a huge celebration at his house; likely over 1000 people were there. After all he has been through, fans are supposed to hate Salman Khan, yet they love him more and his fan base did increase. Well, Salman and Shah Rukh may both have the biggest fan base following in India, but Salman Khan has the most loyal fans in India. Thatâs why, as fans, we voted Salman Khan to be in the Madame Tussauds and deservingly, he won the poll beating the likes of Kajol, Madhuri Dixit, and Hrithik Roshan.
8) One of the only stars to give a great opening on an All-India Basis
Salman Khan, along with Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Akshay Kumar are the only stars to guarantee huge opening at the Box-Office. Despite flops he has encountered, his films still takes great opening from all parts of India! Where SRK and Aamir Khan rules A centres, Salman Khan is one of the few stars to guarantee a huge opening not only in the A centres, but in the B and C centres also. He is the hero of the masses!
9) More All-Time Blockbusters than any other star in Bollywood and other BO records
Despite being the huge stars in the likes of Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra, and Shah Rukh Khan, our Salman Khan still have more All-Time Blockbusters than any other stars in Bollywood history e.g. âMaine Pyar Kiyaâ, âHum Aapke Hain Kounâ and âKuch Kuch Hota Haiâ. The closest star to beat him is Shah Rukh Khan with two All-Time Blockbusters. Also, Salman Khan is one of the few stars to have other records at the Box-Office.
He is one of the few stars to have:
- Four or more releases in one year (1998), and were all HITS â âKuch Kuch Hota Hainâ, âPyar Kiya To Darna Kyaâ, âBandhanâ, âJab Pyar Kisse Se Hota Hainâ
- Top Grossers In One Year (1999) â âBiwi No.1â, âHum Dil De Chuke Sanamâ, âHum Saath-Saath Hainâmagic about book imagicka everything is magic except to the magician bucks contra magic bmagic1337 amagicom there's magic between us serie zmagic opposite of magic mike magic yoyo magic without lies cosmos magic within elena of avalor magic village views magic tricks magic through the ages magic spoon magic schools around the world magic proteccion contra multicolor magic potion magic off hand magic kingdom magic johnson net worth magic items 5e magic inside holika holika magic hour nyc magic for liars magic for humans magic flight launch box magic flight launch box magic dance magic by coldplay magic as an adjective magic among us magic alhambra between the finger ring magic after hours magic about book its magic until it's science even magic has its limits what is a turn in magic magic with cards magic through motion magic past players magic of i magic of belle isle magic like games magic key pass magic immersive chicago magic deck builder magic bum records magic bum locations magic bucks magic before midnight magic auto sales magic around the world vmagicmirror seven magic mountains qmagico next magic set to come out magic zach magic yung gravy magic without spells magic without apparatus magic without a wand magic within our hearts magic with susan magic with a kick magic vs knicks magic to do karaoke magic sand made of magic quiver terraria magic past verb magic off price show magic off hand rs3 magic kingdom rides magic keyboard till ipad pro magic into adjectives magic in the air magic hour rooftop magic from no limit magic by coldplay magic at midnight magic against iron dragons kmagic101 kmagic hair salon how to visit magic kingdom emagic unitor 8 zmagic autopflege ludwigsburg vmagic target rmagick composite qmagico opposite of magic mike opposite of magic charm